Hi! I am Shell Withers.
My love affair with reflexology began over 20 years ago in Wellington. I went looking for something to give me balance due to working, at times, up to 70 hours a week. Massage was the gateway to greater therapies, and reflexology and reiki became central to my regular self-care. Taking the time out to relax, led me to address much needed changes in my life, on all levels. I got off the mouse wheel in 2005, and began full time training in the therapies I had gained so much benefit from. It was time to start living a healthy, happy, authentic life.
I have trained in a number of complementary therapies and have been involved in mental health locally for more than ten years. I value the knowledge I have gained in having worked for several NGOs in Christchurch, including being a trainer in Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP) and Intentional Peer Support. I have facilitated and presented mental health workshops for post graduates, and peers. Today, I am part of an advisory team that comments on Clinical Research for Psychological Medicine locally. Lived experience is at the centre of my passion for improving well-being. My worldviews embrace an integrative approach that is individual and holistic.
Born in Christchurch, I have been fortunate to have travelled fairly extensively and had many adventures! When not spending wonderful times with friends and family, I am planning the next hike which is often right on my doorstep.
Packhorse Hut, Banks Peninsula
Lake Daniells, Maruia
I often dream about how I can best live a fulfilling life, using all the goodness I have soaked up in my life time. The truth is, I do this everyday but there is work still to be done.
I want to see greater accessibility for all, to health and well-being options regardless of income. I love being part being part of a growing passionate community of people who want to see this also.
I also see a future with a bush/sea location part of team establishing a truly restful, healing place for all in nature. I am passionate about creating something that is different to current retreat and respite offerings – a safe, accessible and nurturing place, with many therapeutic modalities. Something truly restorative that I only wish was there for me when I needed it, and I know we are in need of now.
Continuous Professional Development
- Diploma in Reflexology & Relaxation Massage (Canterbury College of Natural Medicine) –2006
- Reiki Levels I & II – 2005 – Master Cathy Cremen
- Ayurvedic Reflexology (SMART Level 1) – 2005 – Sharon Stathis
- Exercise Nutrition – 2008 – Dr. Nick Kimber
- Diploma level training in Aquarian Healing Method – 2008 – Robin Rodgers
- TCM with Reflexology – 2009 – Sue Ehinger
- Practitioner Certificate in Indian Head Massage 2012 (NZ School of IHM)
- Gawler Cancer Healing & Wellbeing Programme – 2009 – Canlive Trust
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training 2009
- Facilitation Skills Training – 2010 – Well Beyond Recovery
- Intentional Peer Support Training 2010/11 – Comcare
- Bioregulatory Medicine – 2010 – 2020 – Brauer Professional, Bio Practica
- Natural Medicine Degree (1 st year completed) 2017 – South Pacific College AKL
- Professional member of Reflexology NZ, Reiki NZ and Southern Reflexology Group